Sunday, January 23, 2005

Socks, socks, socks

I'm knitting socks. I've gotten one finished, but then I got another kind of sock yarn by mail, and instead of making a matching sock to the first one I knit, I started on the second. They don't match. The first is a great small farm, Corriedale wool - dk weight and the second is the purple Magic Stripes colorway, cotton. What's wrong with me???? Why couldn't I commit to finishing the first pair?

Anyway, the wool will be super cool once I have the second sock done and both dyed. They are going to be dip dyed, in graduated hues. I haven't decided what color or whether it should go dark to light (starting at the toes) or vice versa.

Here are pics of the first sock in progress:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's a picture of the funky holes along one side of the heel, caused by the double wrapping....I'm going to try the much maligned "turn" to try to get around this.....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My socks looked like that too. :P I'm not starting over. First pair of socks. ;) oox pam