Wednesday, February 15, 2006

From the land of the living...

I slept well last night!!! So greetings from the land of the living!

A good friend of mine posted a link to her jahari window & inspired me to make one of my own. So you can see it
here. & if you don't know me so well, you can make one for yourself.

Well, the first part of the secret debbie bliss cathay is off the needles as of this morning. Now if I can get the second one done and the pattern written, I'll be good to go. It's nice to have it finished. With the interuptions of crabby chitlins it took me longer than I anticipated. That's frustrating.

I was also spinning along on my ugly batt sock yarn this morning. I've been dreaming about how to handpaint it so it self stripes in rainbow alternating with grey. I think I've got it figured out - it involves winding a huge skein around my kitchen chairs. I'm also planning on plying at least two quilting threads together on the wheel (maybe more) and then plying that thread with the handspun thread so the socks wear better. I don't want to spin for a project and then have it fall all apart.

This is the first project that I've planned the yarn for in advance. I.E. I thought of the socks first and now am spinning what I want. Before I've always spun what I wanted and knit it into something that fit the yarn. I'm a nerd, I know.

No comments: